A&U Christmas Raffle – drawn 14 December 2016
- 1st Prize: ** 3 night stay for 2 people at Angourie Rainforest Resort, Yamba (conditions apply) – valued at $540
** Upgraded to 5 night stay for 4 people – (conditions apply) valued at $1,350
Winner – Alan Sharp
- 2nd Prize: Razor Dirt Rocket MX350 Youth Sport Electric Motorcross Bike – valued at $449
Winner – Kelsey Britton
- 3rd Prize: 12 bottles Somerset Hill Merlot – valued at $240
Winner – Jonathan Bradshaw
- 4th Prize: Toy Package including 79cm Aztec skateboard, Barbie and more! – valued at $200+
Winner – Phoebe Pearce
Annual Children’s Christmas Picnic
The storm clouds stayed away, the sun shone brightly and Santa arrived on time and with presents for all the children at the 2016 annual Aunties and Uncles Queensland Christmas Picnic…
The annual picnic, held on Sunday 27 November, came and went without a hitch. Loads of volunteers arrived early and pitched in to help with organising activities, gifts and food for over 200 people. There were rides, face painting, slippery slides and soccer games to keep everyone entertained, and of course endless snags and salad to fill hungry tummies, followed by the ever-popular watermelon which we can never get enough of.
Santa arrived on cue to provide Christmas presents to all the children, but of course the gifts didn’t stop there with back to school packs going to all school aged children in the program. A special thanks to Live To Give who for the second time have demonstrated incredible generosity by these packs.
Families and mentors were very generous in support of the raffle and $715 was raised on the day.
As always we have a growing list of people to thank, so our sincere thanks to:
- Cr Peter Matic and Cr Ryan Murphy for subsidising this event through the Lord Mayor’s Suburban Initiative;
- Robert and team from Ace Fireworks for coordinating the entertainment;
- Rotary Ashgrove/The Gap for providing the BBQ and helpers on the day;
- IGA Milton, Chobani, One Harvest, Cathy Dibble and Superpop for helping with some of the catering;
- Sian, Anne and Paul for your face painting and balloon artistry talents respectively;
- Toy drive donors – BCM, Holcims, AcuHealth Acupuncture, Anglican Church Aspley/Albany Creek and the many individuals who donated toys this year;
- Special guests – Cr Ryan Murphy, Greg Sheehan (The Buchan Group), Jane Andersen (Queensland Community Foundation), Chris and Jim Wardle (Change Global Exchange); and
- last but not least all those who gave up their time to volunteer on the day.
Without combined support, this event could simply not happen – thank you!